A lot has been going on here in the past week. Good stuff. God stuff. I thought the best way to share it all with y’all is to make a list, so here goes:
1) Last week at AWANAs we witnessed the baptism of two young girls from our neighborhood! They are two of the ones who got saved last summer during VBS. (You can read about that here if you want to.) They have been coming to AWANAs faithfully and felt The Lord leading them in baptism. It was wonderful to see them being obedient to The Lord!
We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. Romans 6:4
2) These girls excitedly invited their families to come witness the baptism. Pastor Scott preached a short sermon about what we believe baptism represents in the Baptist church. God’s word fell on one of their mother’s heart and she spoke with Pastor Scott about getting baptized herself! The witness of the daughter led her mother to return to The Lord!
And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name. Acts 22:16
3) Before the baptism began, all the children were talking about it. One child in particular, Briston, had a lot of questions and wanted to talk to Pastor Scott about what this all meant. As they were talking and The Gospel was presented, Briston felt God knocking on his heart and decided he needed to be saved. Briston is now in line to be baptized! Amen!
For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13
4) A friend we have come to know in Countryside was having trouble financially, despite all her efforts to stay afloat. Her AC ducts were clogged in her new place, causing her power bill to jump $200. Because of this, she was late on her rent and did not see any way to pay it. Grant and I met with her, leading her through scripture and praying with her. Just a few days later God made it possible through two church donations for her rent to be paid in full. He is so good!
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
5) A few nights ago we were invited to speak at a circle meeting for one of the local churches. The women were so very kind and hospitable. They are excited to jump in and help feed one of our mission teams this summer. They were so encouraging and generous to us. It was a true joy to be in fellowship with such sweet believers.
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. Hebrews 13:16
6) At the beginning of the year we were awarded a grant from the Baptist Foundation. We were so surprised at the amount given, as we were only expecting a small portion of what we asked. The needs list we made on the application consisted of a lot of updates to The Connection ministry trailer. After receiving the grant, however, God’s people seemed to come out of the woodwork asking how they could help with any needs we have. Just in the past month we have had folks do a raffle ticket fundraiser to raise money for a (much-needed) storage building. Today we had someone call and say they wanted to build it for us. We had someone volunteer to buy new carpet to replace the worn and stained white carpet that was in The Connection. We had someone volunteer to bring gravel for the storage building to sit on. We had someone volunteer to pour a basketball court at The Connection. We had someone volunteer to buy paint to freshen up the walls in The Connection. We had a church come by to ask if they could seal the roof of The Connection so it wouldn’t leak anymore. All of this was God’s stirring in peoples’ hearts to meet the needs of our neighbors. All of this happened in the past month. God is sending a flood of help this way–we are bracing ourselves for the awesome things He will do this summer!
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:16
7) And because the grant money that was allotted for those type of things has been freed up, we are able to use it for other things on the list like signs to advertise events, pop-up tents and medical supplies. We also have felt The Lord free us to make a big family decision that we are super excited to share with you…